Job Title: Valet Parking Attendant
Department: Guests Services
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Guest Services / Front Office Manager
Job Description Date: January 1, 2018
Job Purpose: A Valet Parking Attendant is responsible for transporting guest vehicles in a prompt and courteous manner to and from the parking structure using safe driving practices.
1. Operates vehicle using safe driving practices to ensure safe delivery of vehicle to and from the parking garage.
2. Tickets vehicle, writing guest name, room number, car license, make/model, amount of charge and length of stay on ticket. Follow established procedures for car control, including but not limited to maintaining neat, accurate logs of keys and completing required valet parking log sheets and reports. Retrieves information on guest vehicles and claim checks using Valet desk computer system as needed.
3. Greets and thanks guests in proper English, using a clear, pleasant voice. Respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding directions to local attractions, car rentals, meeting rooms, etc., according to individual needs. Assists guests with taxi services, wheelchair requests, parking options, etc.
4. Promptly answers Valet phone using positive and clear English communication. Verbally arranges and confirms parking valet requests from guests and makes appropriate arrangements for bell desk services. Responds accurately to general inquiries regarding hotel services and attractions.
5. Assists Door Attendant in opening car doors and unloading/loading of luggage to ensure the smooth flow of traffic in the valet area, issuing claims checks and tagging bags as needed.
6. Assists guests with check-in procedures.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred.
2. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing English sufficient to ascertain and document appropriate information.
3. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
ob Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Experience No prior experience required. Prior driver, hospitality, Bell Person or Door Person experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications Valid Class III Driver's license and good Driver's Abstract required. Provide evidence of insurability. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.