Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an award-wining, AAA Four Diamond all-seasons resort set on 1,300 acres in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva. Located 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa features 355 guest accommodations, including deluxe rooms and suites, along with 29 new villas. On site, guests can enjoy the WELL Spa + Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a ski and snowboard facility; 62,000-square-feet of meeting and convention space and five restaurants. Also on the resort's grounds is the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, featuring 225 guest suites and 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, bringing the total number of rooms on the Grand Geneva campus to 609. For more information, please visit www.grandgeneva.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Position Purpose: Provide efficient, courteous and quality service to guests according to company standards and procedures.
- Performs front desk responsibilities to include greeting guests, performing guest transactions, answering the telephone, processing individual reservations, balancing credit card and cash transactions, and taking accurate messages for guests and management.
- Performs data entry and guest transactions on front desk computer system.
- Provides quality service for guests in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Receives and resolves guest's complaints and provides information within scope of authority.
- Completes shift checklist.
- Monitors front desk areas for safety, security, and appearance.
- Reports any injuries, accidents or problems as necessary.
- Works with housekeeping and maintenance departments to assess room status for cleanliness, maintenance and any repair work.
- Responsible for accurate cash control to include keeping cash drawer at a minimum and ensuring that all funds are accounted for and deposits made according to policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent.
- 6+ months previous work experience in a guest service position required, preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Able to work independently, has good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Service oriented.
- Good oral and written communication towards guests, supervisors, peers, and/or subordinates.
- Able to guide, direct, and motivate others.
Reporting Relationship Front Office Manager
Exemption Status Non - Exempt
Timber Ridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
See Job Description