Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark is located on the Grand Geneva Campus in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva. 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee, Timber Ridge features 225 guest suites and 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement. Also on grounds, is Grand Geneva Resort & Spa an award-wining, AAA Four Diamond all-seasons resort set on 1,300 acres. Grand Geneva Resort & Spa features 355 guest accommodations, including deluxe rooms and suites, along with 29 new villas. On site, guests can enjoy the WELL Spa + Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a ski and snowboard facility; 62,000-square-feet of meeting and convention space and five restaurants. For more information, please visit www.grandgeneva.com & www.timberridgelodge.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Position Purpose To manage and coordinate all facets of Housekeeping throughout the resort. To ensure high levels of guest service and satisfaction with cleanliness and comfort of guest facilities. Includes rooms, laundry, public areas, meeting space, department storage areas and work areas.
- Select associates for various positions within the Housekeeping Department to ensure adequate personnel for staffing requirements.
- Responsible for hiring, terminations, training/development, and performance appraisals for Housekeeping staff.
- Assists the General Manager and Controller in the development of the department's annual budget.
- Maintains cost control system for staffing linen inventories and cleaning supplies.
- Prepares department schedules and payroll by daily review to ensure costs are within budgets.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guests needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Maintains room quality to Grand Geneva's standards.
- Compiles and reports accurate room status of guest rooms to the front office.
- Enforces standard procedures for the appearance, security and return of guest lost and found items.
- Approves daily purchases, levels of inventory, and supplies for guests, using written inventory control checklists and purchase orders. Keeps written records of usage and uses forecast information as a tool to assure supplies are available at all times.
- Inspects guest rooms by visually viewing rooms and documenting discrepancies on a daily/weekly basis to ensure standards are met.
- Enforces all resort policies and procedures.
- Participates in Manager on Duty program.
- Maintains a position working relationship with other departments.
- Responds immediately by acting upon negative guest comments to take corrective action and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in hospitality or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in resort housekeeping with four or more years as a Director or Assistant Housekeeper in a property of similar size.
- Bilingual in Spanish is helpful.
- Strong written and verbal communication is required.
- Ability to read and interpret business records, statistical reports and financial information.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Accept full responsibility for managing the Housekeeping department.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
- Must possess strong organizational /time management skills.
- Able to develop camaraderie with team members.
- Act ethically and honestly in all business practices and builds professional relationships by promoting mutual trust.
- Ability to hold yourself, employees, and organizations accountable for their actions.
- Ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under high pressure situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Exemption Status Exempt.
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Job Description