Job Title: Spa Massage Therapist
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Spa Manager/Spa Supervisor
Job Description Date: July 1, 2019
Job Purpose: Responsible for the comfort of guests while performing massage and body treatments according to protocols.
1. Provide massage services to guests using props and/or products.
2. Provide body treatments to guests using body scrubs, wraps, and/or hydrotherapy. Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, and pregnancy) before beginning service.
3. Keep up to date with current techniques and modalities related to their field of work.
4. Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
5. Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes.
6. Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security throughout service.
7. Promote and sell spa/salon services including retail offerings related to the Spa.
8. Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools.
9. Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
10. Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day.
11. Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following standard operating procedures for Inappropriate conduct for guests and therapists, leading up to and including stopping a treatment or service and informing supervisor/manager.
12. Maintain current skills and license in service area as per regional requirements.
13. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read and write in English.
2. Ability to write correspondence.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One-year experience in a salon/spa.
Licenses/Certifications: The required state license for massage therapist.