Social Sales Manager – Weddings & Special Events
The Broadview Hotel, Toronto, ON
Social Sales Manager Position Overview
The ideal Social Sales Manager candidate thrives in a fast paced work environment; enjoys working closely with social and specifically wedding clients to help visualize, sell, plan and detail their event; must be extremely detail oriented and highly organized to manage a large volume of inquiries while balancing existing clients.
- The Social Sales Manager will manage relationships with clients in planning their event, including menu selection, set up and overall guidance throughout the event cycle.
- Ensures that all details/requirements are effectively and clearly communicated to departments through generated BEOs and BEO meetings, including some interaction with vendors.
- Manages incoming social catering inquiries; sends proposals and contracts according to hotel guidelines/pricing strategy, food & beverage minimums, and rental fees. Follows accounting procedures.
- The Social Sales Manager meets with clients; conducts site inspections; tastings; walk-in inquiries.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of the hotel and able to negotiate and upsell within booking guidelines.
- Works closely with Kitchen and Banquets team to ensure clients expectations are met.
- The Social Sales Manager actively participates within the Sales & Marketing Team.
- Manages events in the booking system to reflect accurate, up to date information/pricing.
- Is available onsite at the start of events to welcome clients and review setup.
- Attends industry events to include wedding shows and other networking opportunities.
- The Social Sales Manager develops client menus, writes contracts and letters, as well as organizes other arrangements as they relate to social events.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales & Marketing/General Manager
Social Sales Manager Qualifications
- Social Sales Manager candidates must be organized, able to multi-task and perform in a high paced environment, with competing priorities.
- Works effectively with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Presents a professional appearance and manner.
- Social Sales Manager candidates must have extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage, guest relations and service standards. Hotel experience is optimal.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assess client needs, negotiate pricing and provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Proven performance in achieving revenue goals and high levels of satisfaction from clients.
- Social Sales Manager candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills.
About The Broadview Hotel
The Broadview exudes a warm, genuine spirit of hospitality that welcomes and envelops locals and guests alike in a spirited exchange of culture, perspectives, and ideas. With its storied past and architectural pedigree, The Broadview Hotel proudly resumes its place as neighbourhood beacon and Toronto landmark. Inherently rooted in the character and flavour of Toronto’s Riverside neighbourhood, The Broadview has an effortless way of being lively, engaging, and downright magnetic.
What we offer:
A fun, fast paced environment; casual and flexible work environment - but committed to delivering exceptional service and making every guest experience a memorable one. Competitive salary & benefits; onsite parking; Employee Travel perks with Crescent Hotels.
Come and be a part of the team making us one of the “Best New Hotels in the World” according to Travel + Leisure.