Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. LocationEmployment Status
The Room Attendant / Laundry Attendant / Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guestrooms and public areas while providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests. This position will also handle laundry for the resort. The position also is responsible for maintaining Highgate Hotel Standards in all assigned lobby areas, Business Center, Fitness Center, restaurants, public restrooms, corridors, meeting rooms, offices, elevators, pool areas, parking garages, driveways, and any other public spaces. Responsibilities
- Thoroughly clean guestrooms according to standards.
- Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
- Remove all trash and dirty linen from guestrooms and hallways.
- Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed
- Restock housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use.
- Replenish chemical bottles.
- Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if necessary.
- Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and organized.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
- Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public areas.
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand.
- Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Load and unload washes according to standards.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc.
- Sort all hotel linen according to type, color, size, etc.
- Pre-treat all stained linen before washing.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
- Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of day.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors, storing all linens off the floor.
- Fold towels and linens.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Sort clean laundry according to type and load carts.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.