In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is achieving the hotel's financial targets. This includes developing key growth strategies, tactics and action plans. Building relationships, establishing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, staying current on new market trends, hiring, training, motivating and supervising the sales & catering leaders. Enforcing policies and procedure while adhering to the Hotel's Brand Standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Responsible for the management and achievement of annual sales room revenue budgets.
· Work with the DOS & GM on the creation of the annual occupancy/room revenue budget
· Work with DOS on creating an annual marketing plan and mix of business strategies.
· Utilize Key Marketing and STR reports in Developing Sales Strategies and Action Plans.
· Work with GM, DOS and Revenue Management on maximizing rates for Group, Special Event, Corporate Negotiated and Transient business throughout the year.
· Maintain relations with the local CVB, Chamber of Commerce, and key Corp. Client Travel Agencies.
· Continual source new business for the Hotel - Prospecting, Prospecting, Prospecting.
· Ensure Delphi is being properly utilized and all required data is being entered and maintained.
· Monitor hotels progress towards achieving annual budget and growing RevPAR Index.
· Review BEOs, Sales Contracts, and Group Resumes - providing necessary edits/suggestions.
· Utilize and be proficient with Delphi, Hotelligence and STR reports.
· Work with Accounting on processing group/client credit applications.
· Participate in all Revenue Management Calls.
· Ability to lead and motivate a sales team.
· Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
· Arrange/conduct on-site inspections/visits and meetings with prospective clients
· Maintain open communications and professional relationship with all Hotel departments.
· Participate in Interviewing and selecting Sales and/or Catering Managers as required
· Provide continual training and development for Sales staff including prospecting methods, sales strategies/tactics, closing the deal, site presentations, rate negotiations, customer service, account maintenance and other Sales related subjects.
· Establish annual sales/revenue quotas for Sales Staff and review with DOS and GM.
· Complete annual performance reviews for all personnel in the Sales Department.
· Ability to learn and operate the hotels PMS.
· Provide service recovery to groups/events as may be required.
· Be a Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and success to the Hotel staff.
· Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are inherent in an Executive Management/Hotel Leadership position.
· Other duties as assigned by the DOS and General Manager
Desired Qualifications and Skills for the Sales Manager position include but are not limited to:
· Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Hospitality Management.
· Three years minimum Sales Manager experience.
· Demonstrate ability to achieve Hotel's Financial Targets/Goals
· Outgoing Personality and a Passion for Hospitality
· Excellent listening skills
· Proactive sales approach; assertive and driven to succeed
· Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team to deliver exceptional customer service
· Always maintains a professional image through appearance and dress
· Experience in administering revenue management applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with clients and hotel staff
· Organizational/time management skills, with the ability to successfully multi-task assignments.
· Strategic planning skills regarding sales, marketing and promotions.
· Basic understanding of Revenue Management.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn/operate the Hotel's Brand PMS.
· Knowledge of catering sales regarding banquets, weddings, special events and social functions.
· Experience in the training and development and reviewing sales personnel.
· Experience in writing and administering sales contracts, BEO's and Group Resumes.
|Address||200 Royce Boulevard, Villa Park, IL, 60181 View map|