In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Implement the sales and marketing strategy for the hotel to ensure that revenue and room night sales goals are achieved or exceeded and that tactical plans are implemented.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce guest room business.
• Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
• Achieve budgeted revenues and General Manager’s sales goals for the Sales Department and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility.
• Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department heads on solutions.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments, hotel Executive Committee, and corporate/regional sales group.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
• Produce weekly sales reports and sales forecasts.
• Work with the General Manager on commentary and planning to increase performance reported on the weekly and monthly Smith Travel Research (STR) reports.
• Work with the General Manager on Local Negotiated Rate Agreements (LNR), Request for Proposal
(RFP) responses, and other third-party booking channels.
• Work with the General Manager on group segment sales and proposals.
• Work with the General Manager on requests and approvals of Direct Billing for clients.
• Work with the General Manager on pricing decisions for bookings in all market segments.
• Attend with the General Manager regular revenue management meetings.
• Implement hotel-level tactical sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business during off-peak periods and enhance the image of the hotel in the local community. Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed the established revenue plan. Identify top producers in the hotel’s market.
• Maintain regular and punctual daily attendance in accordance with schedules approved by management.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community
groups and companies.
• Cross-sell other Dora Hospitality managed hotels for the benefit of the client and other hotels.
• Attend out-of-town conventions and trade shows as required to promote sales and revenue for the hotel.
• Promote and encourage teamwork and quality service through daily communication and
coordination with other departments.
• Perform outside sales calls on a daily basis or on a schedule developed in coordination with and approved by the General Manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• May serve as “Manager-on-Duty” as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires an ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up and/or moving within and outside the facility
• Daily and weekly outside sales calls in clients and potential clients as directed and approved by management
• Carrying or lifting up to 25 pounds
• Handling objects
• Communications skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Computer skills including email, excel, word, and brand related software.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organization and training abilities are used often.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
|Address||7455 Woodland Drive, Indianapolis, IN, 46278 View map|