Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center
1441 NE 2nd Ave
Portland, OR 97232RESTAURANT SERVER
The Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center is seeking a Restaurant Server to join our team. The Restaurant Server provides prompt and courteous service to all restaurant guests according to company standards while ensuring overall guest satisfaction and profit maximization.ABOUT US
At Hollander Hospitality, we align our people with their passion, providing award-winning service and memorable experiences. From the ground up, we build & renovate, own & operate, while recognizing that our team is our foundation and greatest asset. We are exceptional partners to one another, our guests, and our communities.
We look for people who excel in their role and are committed to delivering excellent experiences for guests. Proven through multiple awards from our partnering brands for outstanding guest service and meetings excellence, we deliver the best to our guests by creating a sense of belonging, empowerment and support to our team members, coupled with their dedication, innovative spirit, and raw talent.STATUS: SCHEDULE:
RATE OF PAY:
- Variable schedule; Must be available weekends and holidays
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- $14.00 per hour + tips & gratuities
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Paycheck Advancement Program
- Hotel Travel Discounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Annual Tri-Met Bus Pass
- Complimentary Parking
- Employee Meals
For eligible employees:
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
Skills and Ability to:
- Principles of providing customer service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Food and beverage products, preparation, handling and service techniques, and other food and beverage standard operating procedures.
- Health codes, food sanitation and safety practices.
- State liquor service regulations.
- Standard cash handling procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Answer guest questions regarding menu items, describe ingredients and preparation of each dish and make knowledgeable suggestions.
- Communicate effectively in the English language, both in writing and verbally.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide to accurately handle money, give correct change, balance till and prepare cash drops.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Point of Sale (Micros preferred) computer system or similar.
- Serve alcohol responsibly.
- Adapt to constantly changing situations and personalities ensuring quality service to all guests by maintaining a friendly, professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with co-workers to ensure efficient food and beverage service and overall guest satisfaction.
- Acknowledge, understand and abide by company programs, policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Present a professional appearance, wear appropriate uniform and slip resistant footwear according to the standards of the position and company policy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year food service experience.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit required.
- Valid Alcohol Server Permit required.
Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Position requires ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours to escort guests to tables and move around dining room, carrying large trays on a continuous basis throughout shift, visual acuity to analyze written information and view computer terminal and ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word.
Must be able to stand, walk, bend, grasp, lift, carry, push, pull, reach and see.Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity, E-Verify Employer