Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. Employment Status
The VP Human Resources-CA will be responsible for all human resource functions including, talent management, compliance, training, compensation & benefits, payroll and employee relations. The VP Human Resources will also be a member West Coast Leadership Team and will be expected to participate in all strategic planning. The VP Human Resources will directly oversee the West Coast HR function- payroll teams and indirectly all field HR members. The individual will always place a high value on the culture and essence of the company and its legacy. The goal is to deliver and coordinate all human resource activities and initiatives on behalf of the property team members. Responsibilities
- Interface with senior level management in assuring the delivery of all human resource initiatives throughout the company.
- Advise corporate leadership on all human resource issues and initiatives impacting the organization's culture, business goals and objectives.
- Steer West Coast Labor Relations.
- Liaison with operations department relative to HR and recruiting needs.
- Act as coach to corporate managers regarding team member performance, team member relations issues, team member retention initiatives and other people management programs that impact our culture and business model.
- In conjunction with corporate leadership, develop communication initiatives to align team members with Highgate's business goals and objectives and to address team member concerns.
- In concert with operations team, develop and manage recruitment/team member retention programs and work force planning initiatives.
- Lead the development of organizational assessment initiatives to ensure effective structure and processes are in place.
- Ensure compensation and benefits programs are in place and managed to support established goals and objectives.
- Ensure performance metrics and performance evaluation processes are in place and managed to tie individual and team performance to established goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership to promote a team-based culture with emphasis on ensuring diversity.
- Initiate a comprehensive manager-in-development and career planning program.
- Track follow-up on Team Member Opinion Surveys (TOS) for property and corporate teams.
- Develop campus management recruiting program.
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws/regulations.
- Work with and assist other corporate departments as needs dictate
- Drive recruiting results for key management positions.
- Participate in interviews as needed to assess fit for the organization.