The Banquet Houseperson is responsible for the set-up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all banquets and meeting space.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
* Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
* Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
* Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
* Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
* Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 100 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled