Stationed in the midst of Savannah's historic district, Perry Lane Hotel invites guests to immerse themselves in all that is Savannah. Combining regional and contemporary aesthetics, this Luxury Collection Hotel boasts 167 elegant guest rooms and three lively food and beverage venues. Perry Lane Hotel is where true southern warmth endures as we genuinely connect with our guests. Rather we are welcoming a long-weekend adventurer, a business traveler, or a Savannah sophisticate, we are setting the tone for our guest's entire stay, and we do so with creative spark and worldly elegance.
Our Front Desk team seeks welcoming, creative and polished team members with a heart of service. We passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known among our team, our guests and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble and innovative operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.The Perks:
- Sage hotel & restaurant discounts across the US
- Marriott discounts
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Free Shift Meal
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage team members execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.Job OverviewThe Front Desk Manager reports to the Front Office Manager
and is responsible for the daily operation of the Front Desk and acts as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments. Ensures an efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service. Ensures front desk agents are completed in accordance to established policies and procedures. Assists in the training and hiring of Front Desk Agents.Responsibilities
- Ensure guest arrival and departure procedures are accurately followed in a smooth and timely manner.
- Ensures the entire front desk team regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintain complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Assist and make recommendations to the Assistant General Manager in the areas of conducting performance evaluations, discipline and terminations as appropriate.
- Coordinate guest service efforts to include group arrivals and departures, and guest transportation, while maximizing the guest experience through top quality customer service.
- Coordinate activities and foster good relations with our valet and taxi services.
- Provides information and assists staff in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc., to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Follow-up on any complaints or problems a guest may experience in a timely and professional fashion to ensure a quality guest experience.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel's guests, staff and company assets.
- Ensure all Front Desk Associate duties are completed daily.
High School diploma or equivalentExperience
Minimum two years previous experience as a front desk supervisor or minimum of four years front office experience in hotel work.Knowledge/Skills
- Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel services, policies or operations.
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude; know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read written forms of communication and monochrome computer screen.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to review correspondence, initiate reports, conduct training, etc.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing,
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Occasional standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
Work inside 95%Material/Equipment used. Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled workstation.