Fairmont Pittsburgh's Health Club and Spa is currently seeking a knowledgeable and motivated Massage Therapist to join our energetic team. The candidate is required to have a proven background and is eager to make his/her mark in the Health Club and Spa. The therapist performs all massage and body treatments in a safe and professional manner to the guest/member. They also keep themselves updated with the latest trends and servicing protocols, all in an effort to provide uncompromising attention to the guest/member. Fairmont Pittsburgh's Health Club and Spa is currently seeking a knowledgeable and motivated Massage Therapist to join our energetic team. The candidate is required to have a proven background and is eager to make his/her mark in the Health Club and Spa. The therapist performs all massage and body treatments in a safe and professional manner to the guest/member. They also keep themselves updated with the latest trends and servicing protocols, all in an effort to provide uncompromising attention to the guest/member. Hotel Overview:
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting. Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Health Club & Spa Manager, the incumbent will:
- Adhere to the Spa Policy & Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform massage and body treatments in a safe, professional and hygienic manner
- Act as an ambassador for the spa representing the values of the brand and Accor
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of treatments, retail, facility, and current offers
- Maintain inventory of products to perform treatments in an orderly and neat fashion
- Maintain cleanliness standards of treatment rooms and facility
- Report for appointments on time, including adequate preparation time, and thoroughly review appointments before after completing each service
- Always maintain a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor with guests/members
- Assist in maintenance of treatment room(s) and other areas of facility where possible
- Maintain appropriate tracking of guest medical forms and ensure each guest signs one prior to treatment
- Recognize arrivals of all VIP guests arriving in both the spa and hotel
- Responsible for driving the guest experience and communication amongst the colleagues orchestrating a smooth guest sequence delivery
- Ensure guest preferences and special requests are accommodated to the best of the property's and operation's ability
- Ensure guest satisfaction at all times by assuring safety and guest service is always the spa's first priority
- Perform regular treatments and facility audits to maintain brand standards
- Work to ensure the spa is receiving the highest ratings/scores for both VOG and LQA, and that guest satisfaction remains a constant priority
- Responsible for contributing to daily and monthly retail and/or treatment targets
- Support the rest of your colleagues when requested
- Understand and Adhere to the Accor Ethics & CSR book
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times
- Deal with any guest complaints, comments or concerns with discretion and urgency
- Participate in daily/monthly communication meetings
- Lead by example in following all safety procedures and practices by the property
- Report any dysfunctional equipment, potential hazards or emergencies to management immediately
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Licensed Massage Therapist in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Certification from an accredited school of Massage required.
- All professional licenses are to be current
- Currently certified in First Aid and CPR is required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and shift work.
- Previous experience as a Massage Therapist preferred.
- Previous experience in a luxury health spa preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shifts. May occasionally exert up to 10 pounds lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization. APPLY TODAY:
Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!