The Lead Loss Prevention & Security Specialist directs and oversees all safety and security programs for the Cheeca Lodge & Spa, Morada Bay Beach Café, and Pierre's restaurants.
* Partner with human resources to oversee COVID- 19 safety guidelines.
* Oversee the resort's Hurricane Emergency Plan.
* Direct coordination of training in fire life safety, CPR, and Northwood Hospitality approved safety programs and initiatives, i.e., Active Shooter training & Human Trafficking Awareness.
* Generate well-written incident reports and communication.
* Screen, interview, select, manage, review, and counsel Security Supervisors and officers to maintain order throughout the resort and restaurants.
* Promote safe work practices--partner with Human Resources to ensure compliance with OSHA standards and preventive measures.
* Assist in the development, administration, and implementation of safety incentive programs and safety training classes.
* Visually identify, correct, and record safety hazards.
* Lead and direct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities. Document details and advise Management.
* Review and approve departmental schedules/payroll and make necessary adjustments.
* Direct and manage the Lost and Found function in partnership with Front Office and Housekeeping. Assist as needed with complaints and guest issues.
* Conduct regular patrol of the property to ensure all areas are safe and secure.
* Conduct Security Department meetings.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position also performs a combination of the following supportive functions:
* Liaison with local Law Enforcement.
* Partner with Convention/Catering Services to ensure functions are safe for all guests and team members.
* Ensure guests and employees receive proper security escorts, as required.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS EDUCATION
* High School Diploma required.
* Related four-year college degree preferred.
* Security certifications
* Management and supervision experience required.
* Five or more years in Security or related experience required.
* Large property, upper-scale resort experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled