Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Essential Job Functions Include But Are Not Limited To:
Skills Necessary To Successfully Perform This Job Include:
- Detects potential sources of security and safety hazards, responds to emergencies, handles complaints, investigates and compiles reports in a professional and hospitable manner
- Monitor CCTV security surveillance system
- Maintain accurate records while performing daily duties including camera monitoring, shift activity, guest and employee incidents
- Resolve difficult guest situations in a professional and hospitable manner
- Train/educate hotel employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all company loss control policies and current security and safety regulations
- Liaison fire protection and life safety throughout the hotel as an ambassador to upholdcompany standards and goals
- Regulate access control services throughout hotel for employees and guests
- Handle all medical related situations
- Must be able to communicate with management and colleagues in an effective and professional manner
- Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor during various situations
- Must be able to work all shifts with minimal supervision
- Must be able to learn quickly to work in various situations
- Complete all and any tasks assigned in a timely manner to expected level established by the hotel and loss prevention manager
- Exceptional customer service
- Attention to detail
- Constant awareness of surroundings
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Positive attitude
- Workplace professionalism
- Proficient computer navigation
- Thiscan bean overnight position.
- High School Diploma, Tech or Trade School.-required
- Basic computer skills.-required
- CPR / First Aid / AED certifications.-preferred
- EMT certification.-preferred
- Previous law enforcement, security, EMS and/or fire experience.-preferred
- Previous experience in security or loss prevention.-preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.-required
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully in English, both written and verbal.-required
- Conversational Spanish or other languageshelpful.-preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.-required
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.-required
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver's License.-required
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends,holidays, early mornings, afternoons, evenings and overnight shifts.-required
The budgeted range starts at 13.25 - 16.70. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
One Job - Double the Benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott's nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 265807