The General Manager will oversee the complete hotel operations. We are looking for an experienced industry leader to guide the success of this exceptional product by implementing strategies and initiatives to realize the properties vision while continuing to position and operate the property appropriately in the market against all competitors, realizing the revenue, financial and guest service goals established, all while inspiring a high performing culture.
Responsible for overseeing the operations of the property, including; sales and marketing, all operations, engineering, and human resources. Leads property executive committee to consistently deliver distinctive and memorable service and exceptional operational standards, realizing the objectives of the ownership group. The General Manager embraces the property's vision and service culture promoting unity and teamwork amongst all departments, and cultivates a supportive and productive relationship with internal and external partners.THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Full responsibility for the operating success of the property. Leads the marketing and positioning of this resort destination. Achieves property financial/business plan goals and expectations as established in the annual business plan for all areas of responsibility, and organize/implement strategic and tactical plans. Provides innovative/creative thinking and strategies to effectively differentiate the property. Consistently delivers accurate forecasting projections for areas of responsibility and implement effective adjustments as required in staffing and other cost drivers to ensure profit integrity. Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction from property guests and associates. Effectively represents the property in the local community, regionally and nationally. Ensures the property is operated safely and securely according to property and company standards.LEADERSHIP SKILLS REQUIRED
Demonstrated skills in building personal credibility by behaving with the highest ethical standards, respecting and treating others fairly, and inspiring trust with all constituencies including the ownership group, community, asset management, customers and associates. Ability to lead the career development of self and others by attracting and retaining high performing talent, by encouraging and supporting career development, and driving continuous learning. Must manage organizational change productively by driving continuous improvement, building support for change, and adapting to change. Empowers talented and prepared people, balancing the needs of the ownership group, guests and associates. Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain a guest service focused culture in a long-term, consistent manner. Ability to create strategic alignment between owner/company goals, property goals and individual goals to ensure success.SALES AND MARKETING SKILLS REQUIRED
Positions the property effectively relative to the property's history, position and place in the market; effectively selects, trains, develops and motivates a sales team. Knowledgeable in revenue / yield management strategies. A strong understanding about driving group business; understands and directs public relations opportunities.FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SKILLS REQUIRED
Thorough understanding of income statements / balance sheets / cash flow / hospitality accounting and internal control principles. Strong cost management / operating margin skills; develops and delivers monthly/quarterly forecast and annual operating budgets on a consistent basis; develop annual business plans / budgets and then effectively monitor performance against plan.Essential FunctionsEDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High Performing General Manager with experience operating and positioning a branded hotel.
- Previous experience in operations/leadership role
- Consistent in reinforcing culture by practicing, promoting and modeling core values
- Provide direction, training, mentoring and leadership to department heads
- Monitors the financial performance of the hotel through on going review of expenses and through development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecast
- Bachelors' Degree and or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a hotel operations/leadership role
- Demonstrate financial acumen with significant P & L knowledge
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs
- Proven leadership skills in supporting associates to consistently attain personnel
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi task and effectively manager numerous priorities within a fast-paced enviroment
- Ability to work extended and or irregular hours as required, to include nights, weekends and holidays
Our hotel is sits next to Lake Woodlands under 10 minutes from many corporate offices near Hughes Landing. Several restaurants are a five-minute walk away. The Woodlands Mall, I-45, and outdoor concerts at the Cynthia Woods Michell Pavilion are all about a mile away. Take a dip in our infinity pool with lake views.Company Introduction
Our team members are the true soul of our company. We think differently. About travel, but also about the ways in which we deliver on our promise to engage, delight, awaken and challenge our team members as well as our guests. We are deeply committed to the foundation of core values that molds our interactions with everyone we encounter - our guests, our clients, our team and our communities. We create engaging, impactful environments that connect people and place, awaken the spirit, and allow team members with talent, integrity and heart to thrive. We believe our team members are the true soul of our company. We invite you to join us on this journey.