An opportunity for an experienced leader to manage the day to day operations and plan the long-term and short-term goals of a hotel in the Chicago Metro Area.
The ideal General Manager for this role possesses a proven track record as an operator with experience creating and leading highly productive teams in a branded hotel environment.
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget, financial reports and annual and monthly forecasts that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances. Lead, manage, and, support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand and hotel standards.
- The General Manager will tour property daily and inspect for condition, cleanliness, quality, and service throughout the hotel.
- Review occupancy and revenue, and implement changes to maximize profits.
- Greet and maintain positive rapport with associates and customers and communicate regularly with the public, staff, corporate office, and owners.
- Adhere to company’s human resources policies, addressing associate issues in an appropriate manner.
- Adhere to company’s safety and emergency standards and guidelines to encourage safe operations, for associates and guests.
- The General Manager will attend corporate, sales, and community meetings offsite when necessary.
- Monitor guest feedback and communicate with employees or train accordingly.
- Continuously work to improve guest service issues with plans of action and solutions.
- Liaise with the on-property and regional sales force in developing and executing sales strategies.
- The General Manager will maintain strong relationships in the local community, participate in Chamber of Commerce and local associations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- The General Manager will be asked to perform additional duties from what is listed.