As the first person to greet and welcome guests, the restaurant host/hostess is a critical link to guest satisfaction. The host/hostess greets and seats guests while coordinating guest reservations and responding to inquiries in an efficient, courteous and professional manner that results in maximum satisfaction. This person should be very comfortable interacting with guests and potential clients in a highly professional manner.
* Greet and make all guests feel welcomed to the restaurant.
* Present a clean and professional appearance at all times.
* Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
* Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
* Promote hotel amenities and services to guests using personal knowledge and effective selling techniques.
* Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues and complaints with supervisor assistance as needed.
* Set up host stand, review guest reservation book and maximize the set-up of the dining space to provide positive memorable guest experiences.
* Maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant while recognizing the maximum workload capacity of each server in order to meet service standards.
* Take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel amenity or service.
* Inspect and maintain daily menus to ensure quality, condition and appearance while developing a complete working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials.
* Assist with special projects (menu changes, signage, etc.) as needed.
* Ensure proper table set-up and make minor adjustments as needed.
* Examine each table for missing items. Remove any items that do not meet cleanliness standards.
* High school diploma or GED
* At least 18 years of age
* Basic computer skills
* Must be able to read, communicate effectively and have superb interpersonal skills
* Must be able to work well under pressure while retaining tact and composure when resolving guest complaints
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled