: EntryJob Location
: The Yarrow by Doubletree - Park City, UTPosition Type
: Part TimeEducation Level
: NoneSalary Range
: UndisclosedTravel Percentage
: NoneJob Shift
: AnyJob Category
: Restaurant - Food ServiceHOST/HOSTESS Are you a good host at a party?When people visit your home, do you give them a warm welcome and make them feel comfortable?Your professional demeanor and vivacious personality, along with your eye for detail, makes it easy for you to collaborate with your team.If these sound like you, you may be our next HOST / HOSTESS at our restaurant. Here are your main responsibilities:
As the Host / Hostess, you will be greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, maintaining accurate reservations systems and supervising all staff, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction.These are what you need to do:
You may be assigned these tasks:
- Maintain proper set-up of the dining room, conduct daily roll call meetings with the service staff and supervise all service personnel in the absence of the outlet manager to maintain Springboard Hospitality service standards and guest satisfaction.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu. Visit tables and engage guests in pleasant, friendly conversation reconfirming with the guest that the food, beverage and service is to their satisfaction. Communicate any guest requests to the appropriate service staff and follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management
- Receive, record and make any necessary arrangements for outlet reservations and special functions scheduled in the outlet. Maintain an accurate reservation system ensuring that all reservations are complete with the name of the party, telephone number, address and any special billing arrangements.
- Provide administrative support for the outlet manager, such as filing menus, and depositing guest checks with the finance department.
Our expectations from you:
- Assist with food and beverage service, as required. Carry coffee pots and beverages throughout the room, refilling guests' cups and glasses as requested.
- Know and use "Suggestive Selling" techniques.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
These are what the job requires:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and Springboard Hospitality's Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to Management.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the employee handbook.
Education: High school or equivalent Experience
Experience: Three months to one full year of employment in a related position with this Company or other organizations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a working knowledge of Outlets and all aspect of Springboard Hospitality's services, policies or operations and a general knowledge of the hotel. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Requires knowledge of and ability to operate computer equipment, phone and reservations.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively in English. Second language is preferred.
No. of team members supervised: None
Travel required: None
Hours Required: Flexible; Scheduled days and times may vary based on need