Guest Service Representative Lead Job Description
Job Title: Guest Service Representative Lead (GSR Lead) Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt Supervises: 1-3
Location: Single Property Job Responsibilities:
Directs and controls the activities in the lobby and front desk area to ensure that guests receive outstanding customer service according to WoodSpring Hotels Brand Standards and WHPM policy. Directs other employees and prioritizes job duties when General Manager is away from the hotel.
Acts as Manager-on-Duty, GSR in the absence of staff due to call-off, termination, or resignation.
Provides friendly and responsive front desk service to guests, while also ensuring that guest payments are collected and processed in a reliable and timely manner.
Greets guests, assists them with check-ins and check-outs, registers and assigns rooms, issues room keys/cards, transmits and receives messages, keeps records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, makes and confirms reservations, presents statement to and collects payments from departing guests.
Ensures that all service provided is consistently prompt and courteous, designed to meet high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
Inspects guest rooms and public spaces to ensure compliance with Brand Standards and to confirm rooms and property are guest ready.
Responds to any/all emergency situations (police, fire, emergency responder, weather, building - electrical outage, water line breaks, etc.) in a timely manner. Essential Functions:
- Organizes, confirms, processes, and conducts all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations; greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Secures payment; verifies and adjust billing. Verifies customers' credit, and establishes how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Computes bills, collects payments, and makes change for guests.
- Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
- Keeps abreast of hotel policies concerning room/sign rates, group and other discounts, and special offerings.
- Issues room keys, identifies and explains room features to guests. Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of interest.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Performs bookkeeping activities such as making cash deposits, completing daily audit, running reports, posting payments to guest folios.
- Responds to guest comments or complaints, referring customers to General Manager as necessary.
- Prepares housekeeping duty rosters for move-out and stay-over cleans.
- Inspects/stocks housekeeping carts for service preparedness.
- Inspects rooms and public areas to accepted health and safety standards for pest control.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Maintains proficiency in all location computer and software systems.
- Assists other employees in completing their respective duties, as necessary, to achieve guest ready rooms, public areas, and outstanding customer service.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned. Competencies:
Action Oriented - Demonstrates a commitment to effective job performance by taking action on one's own and following through to get the job done. Effectively manages multiple priorities with a results-oriented sense of urgency.
Adaptability and flexibility - Displays the capability to adapt to new, different, and changing requirements.
Conflict Management - Successfully mediates conflict between individuals and groups; can negotiate consensus and agreement and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and obtain cooperation of parties involved.
Dependability and reliability- Displays responsible behaviors at work: attendance and punctuality, attention to details, following directions, and fulfilling obligations.
Integrity - Displays strong moral principles and work ethic. Behaving ethically, acting fairly, and taking responsibility.
Interpersonal Skills - Displays the skills to work effectively with others.
Professionalism - Maintaining a professional presence. Demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude. Skills/Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, College Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of prior guest service experience in a hotel preferred.
- Good people skills for dealing with both staff and guests.
- Must have computer skills; the ability to access and accurately input information in to a computer system including Microsoft Office Suite and the Hotel PMS system.
- Friendly, cooperative manner and patience in dealing with unreasonable requests or rude customers
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver's license.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure, with strong organizational time management skills and problem solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently bends, kneels, crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, lifting.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds