Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Amrit Ocean Resort & Residences... The first-of-its-kind Five Star personalized luxury wellness community is launching our first location in South East Florida. Located on 7.5 acres oceanfront, Amrit unites the ancient inner-science of the East and Western technology for personalized luxury that promotes mindful living with unlimited potential. Utilizing the time-honored practice of Eight Limbs of Patanjali with Five Pillars of Wellness (Mindfulness, Nutrition, Fitness, Relaxation and Sleep), Amrit's 24/7 Personal Wellness Advisors work with guests to identify their Personalized Roadmap to Wellness. Amrit's two towers, Peace and Happiness comprise 182 wellness residents, 153 wellness resort suites including 30 destination spa suites, chlorine free pools, natural bistro with teaching kitchen, farm to table restaurant, meeting/celebration space, hair-health full service salon, outdoor activities/experiences and 100,000 sf of wellness and spa spread over four floors indoors and out. Featuring Aayush, an extensive hydrothermal circuit with co-ed and gender specific areas, plus hamam, flotation pod and terraces with panoramic ocean views. Amrit, in partnership with leading wellness innovators, globally renown mindfulness experts, and a spa floor dedicated to innovative treatments and services, will provide the tools, technology, resources and experiences for guests to achieve personalized peace and happiness and ultimately, wellness for life.
The Group Sales manager will be responsible for soliciting group bookings, consisting of ten or more rooms, with or without events, by direct sales calls, visits and online solicitation, for group and meeting and banquets from all sources. Develops strategic action plans related to the group market segment to drive measurable and incremental sales revenue all while bringing brand awareness to our target clientele.
Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce hotel guest room sales in designated market segments, Group.
Assist in developing and managing the departmental budget and monitor sales activity to ensure that contracts and proposals go out in a timely matter. Effectively communication to all hotel departments regarding group schedules and details pertinent to the effective management of group
Responsible for development of the hotel-level tactical sales plans specific to the group market segment to support overall system-wide plans, strategies and
Update action plans and financial objective quarterly.
Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the
Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to the hotel by clients.
Able to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the clients, develop professional long term business relationships.
Able to support hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering excellence throughout each customer experience.
Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
Regularly work files for past and potential groups to generate repeat business for the hotel. Keep trace system up-to-date and in
Attend weekly departmental and hotel staff meeting to facilitate good communication within the
Discuss VIPs and incoming business in detail.
Generate reports as required to measure business generated by the sales
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing and General Manager.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Amrit Ocean Resort rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
Take responsibility for the implementation of sales plans. Monitor plans' effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency
Participate in the Manager on Duty program, if applicable.
Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account
Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest
Coordinate efforts with the revenue manager in the weekly maintenance of room inventory status so as to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest
Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, sales blitzes,
Report on a regular basis to the DOS on actual room numbers against budget and profit
Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
Take every opportunity to amaze the
Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Amrit Ocean Resort standards are being
Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
Be self-motivated and use time wisely
Maintain open line of communications with each department
Communicate pertinent information
Respond positively to new ideas
Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
Report to work on time
Give adequate notice if going to miss work
Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but ...
Specific Job Requirements:
- Desire and ability to develop the group market segment
- Knowledge of local and national meeting and event planner database
- Advanced selling and negotiation skills
- High flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as required
- Proven track record as a successful Group Sales Manager or as a highly motivated self-starter
- Decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent selling, relationship building and organizational skills
- Knowledge of revenue management functions and account management
- Ability to meet both short-term and long-term business goals
- Effective decision-making skills and can choose a course of action best suited to the customer and hotel
- Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Experience in using sales systems, i. e. Delphi, HMS, Opera, SynXis
- Knowledge of basic software programs, i. e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to
- Position requires outside sales calls, driving to and from business contacts, walking, sitting, standing for various length of
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, vending, repetitive motions, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment including computers, FAX machines, copiers, printers and calculators. Must be able to type 50
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma from 2 or 4 year university.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in the wellness and/or luxury hotel industry in a client-facing function.
- Knowledge of and experience in the local market or other like city preferred Sales.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Amrit Ocean Resort Standards. Sales Manager must dress in professional attire at all times.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in their position may be asked to perform from time to time.