Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an award-wining, AAA Four Diamond all-seasons resort set on 1,300 acres in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva. Located 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa features 355 guest accommodations, including deluxe rooms and suites, along with 29 new villas. On site, guests can enjoy the WELL Spa + Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a ski and snowboard facility; 62,000-square-feet of meeting and convention space and five restaurants. Also on the resort's grounds is the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, featuring 225 guest suites and 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, bringing the total number of rooms on the Grand Geneva campus to 609. For more information, please visit www.grandgeneva.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Position Purpose:
The Resort Manager is responsible for assisting the Managing Director in administering and managing the hotel's operation, maintaining established costs and quality standards. Responsible for the hotel operation in the absence of the Managing Director and participate in total hotel management. Essential Functions:
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the hotel and operate the hotel in the absence of the Managing Director following Marcus Hotels and Resorts and Grand Geneva Resort & Spa policies and procedures.
- Develop maximum profits through cost and labor control.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and service in the Rooms, Food and Beverage, Golf, Spa, Ski and Facilities Departments.
- Maintain the highest standards of security for the hotel patrons and employees.
- Carry out all policies and prepare necessary reports.
- Conduct Managerial performance evaluations as prescribed.
- Ensure that all associates are trained for their positions to maximize service, production and efficiency; control staffing, maximize profits, control costs and ensure the security of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various departments under his/her supervisions; conduct appropriate meetings and coordinate with the other department heads to ensure proper communication.
- Direct and coordinate the resort operations in conjunction with the Managing Director to meet the daily needs of the resort including but not limited to staffing, forecasting, controlling and supervisions.
- Certify that procedures and controls are implemented.
- Ensure the cleanliness and sanitization of all operating facilities.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/experience required.
- Three to five years of employment in a related position.
- Ensure positive customer experiences by maintaining high-quality facilities and remedying problems.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Must possess basic computational ability and computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Rooms and Food and Beverage disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/ or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisor/management soft skills.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals, employees and/or hotel guests.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are required.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule to include full-time hours, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Grand Geneva is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.