In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
As the General Manager of this property, your main role is to create and maintain a customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. The successful candidate will oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals. This facility blends sophistication, elegance, and hospitality all within a unique location. It is a AAA Four Diamond rated hotel and continues to thrive as a favorite for business travelers, local clientele, and vacationing visitors.
General Manager Responsibilities
· The General Manager will perform administrative duties including: clearly defining operating objectives, setting goals, striving for continual performance and improvement, reading and writing reports, communicate with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc.
· Accountable to the Business plan, Forecasts and Budgets reports and able to explain any deviation.
· Keep abreast of local, state and federal wage and hours laws, business taxes, liquor laws, need for permits and licenses, OSHA and EEOC requirements met and required records are maintained.
· Insist on the implementation of effective energy-conservation programs
· The General Manager will interview, hire, supervise, and coach department heads and supervisors in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Establish and maintain an effective training program for all departments
· Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel.
· Travel to attend corporate meetings and sales trips. Develop and maintain aggressive and imaginative marketing and sales effort to increase hotel occupancy and to generate increased food and beverage sales.
As General Manager, you may be assigned these:
· Participate in community affairs and meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
· Monitor hotels health and safety program.
· Report to a regional manager concerning overall performance of property and accomplishments within the operation.
· Review Preventive Maintenance program and conduct room inspection on weekly basis.
· Perform special projects, participate in task force and other responsibilities as assigned.
Our expectations from you:
· The General Manager must abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and Rules of Conduct.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for associates as well as guests.
· Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the Associate Handbook.
General Manager Qualifications
Education: College Degree or equivalent education, i.e., hotel business college.
Experience: Minimum of four-year experience in an operations leadership role.
Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, rehabilitation plans, budget forecasting, quality assurance, and the development of long-range planning.
· Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, clear and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate offices, and owners.
· Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead.
· Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property up to four miles per day and continuously perform essential job functions.
Please submit your resume if you are interested.