General Manager Position Summary
The General Manager manages all aspects of the department including but not limited to: guest relations, reservation management, staffing, training, record keeping, and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures keeping with the expectation and policies of the company.
General Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The General Manager manages and monitors activities of all employees in the Front Office, Housekeeping, and Food & Beverage departments, making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed
- Maintains a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment.
- Uses problem-solving skills to resolve complaints, disturbances, special requests, social media reviews and any other issues that may arise
- The General Manager assures all social media and brand-based reviews are responded to promptly.
- Informs all staff of daily activities, group, and VIP arrivals, as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate
- Responsible for scheduling within labor standard guidelines
- Responsible for managing operating expenses and purchasing for all operations departments
- Responsible for monthly and weekly revenue/expense forecasting
- The General Manager participates in preparing annual revenue and expense budgets
- Hire, train, and develop team members; use progressive discipline as needed
- Profit & Loss analysis, reconciliation, and reporting
- Responsible for Sales and Revenue strategies; working closely with sales teams
- Weekly/Monthly communication processes to corporate staff and owners
- Supervise upsell program at the front office and work as part of the yield management team to maximize revenue for the hotel
- The General Manager works closely with all departments to improve guest services and foster cross-departmental communication
- Monitor performance of departments by consistently completing room and public area inspections
- Coordinates daily activities with the hotel management team
- Holds monthly departmental meetings, and morning huddles to keep staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing standards of excellence and promoting a formidable team atmosphere and culture
- Works closely with all departments to ensure proper key controls and safety measures are maintained at all times
- The General Manager adheres to bank records, account receivables/payables, and other procedures to ensure accurate and timely collections
- Follows company policies and procedures at all times
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
General Manager Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of 2 years- experience in team management or supervisory experience.
· Customer service
· Interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· Time management
· Ability to monitor staff activities and accomplishment of tasks
· Proficient communication
· Technical capacity
· Decision making
· Ability to read, write, and speak the English language
· The General Manager will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays
· Will be required to work in a fast-paced environment
Qualified General Manager candidates are invited to apply today!