In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
As the only Five-Diamond property in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood, the 46-story, 391-room hotel offers guests unsurpassed accommodations and sweeping views of Manhattan and the Hudson River. With paramount service, spacious accommodations, a world-class spa, outdoor pool, three food & beverage venues, and banquet and event space, The Dominick joins only two other premier hotels in New York City in Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ prestigious Legend Collection.
The Dominick is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Engineering and Security Teams!
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Engineering and Security team functions, in accordance with hotel standards. Manages, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective staff.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Supervision: This position is directly responsible for the following:
a. Direct supervision and scheduling of the workforce.
b. All preventive maintenance programs.
c. All repair and maintenance work orders.
d. Inventories and procurement of parts and supplies.
e. Accident prevention and safety.
f. Energy conservation.
g. Coordination of outside contractor services
h. Execute departmental administrative responsibilities including payroll, purchase requisitions, departmental human resource requirements, etc.
i. Neatness and cleanliness of the engineering shop and all areas under the direct control of the department.
j. Proper orientation, training, and development of department employees.
k. Utilize the tools of quality in department planning and problem-solving efforts, as appropriate.
l. Conduct three briefings each day (one per shift).
m. Participate in hotel-wide management programs including MOD duties, lobby ambassador programs, etc.
2. Guestroom Maintenance Program - Supervise and participate in all preventive and general maintenance programs by:
a. Maintaining a room’s maintenance strategy.
b. Maintaining tracking data, check sheets, and logs.
c. Planning and scheduling preventive maintenance.
d. Planning and scheduling corrective maintenance.
e. Planning and scheduling project work.
f. Regular inspections.
3. Administration: Operation and implementation of the property electronic work order system ( HotSOS) to include monitoring issues and requests, directing service orders to staff, report generation, editing staff members, and communication devices.
4. Lead or otherwise facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments, and problem-solving at the various briefing sessions each day.
5. Fire-Life Safety - to monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation, and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinklers and emergency power systems.
6. Energy Conservation - to observe and analyze energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to Engineering Management.
7. Emergencies - to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guests and employees, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
2. Accident Prevention and Safety - to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions that may endanger employees or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
3. Records - to read, log, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
4. Support in-room technology including Wi-Fi system, cellular antenna system, entertainment systems, electronic controls, and lock systems.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist the Loss Prevention Department as needed.
2. Assist the IT Department as needed
3. Perform responsibilities as outlined as a member of the emergency response team
4. Assume leadership of maintenance and engineering activities during the absence of the departmental manager
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. 3-5 years experience in a hotel or related field in a maintenance or operations capacity
3. Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
4. Provide legible communication and directions.
5. Compute basic arithmetic.
6. Ability to:
· perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
· prioritize, organize, and follow up.
· be a clear thinker, remaining calm, and resolving problems to the guest's satisfaction
· follow directions thoroughly.
· understand the guest’s service needs.
· work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
· work with minimal supervision.
· maintain the confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. College degree.
2. Certificate of fitness for standpipe and sprinkler system with a fire pump,
3. Certificate of fitness for emergency generators
4. Certified pool operator’s license
5. EPA refrigerant recovery certificate
6. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/building automation system/key system/ computers.
7. Experience in the Hospitality Industry in a similar position.
1. Endure various and repetitious physical movements throughout the work areas.
2. Reach high areas and in hard to reach corners, forward bending and kneeling, lifting.
3. When necessary, remain in a stationary position for long periods throughout the work shift.
4. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
5. Work safely at heights that require the use of ladders or lifts
6. Work safely in confined spaces
|Address||246 Spring Street, New York, NY, 10013 View map|