Develop and implement the safety, security, and emergency plans and programs for the resort and peripheries through management of the Security staff, training of the resort staff, investigations, and coordination of activities with outside agencies to ensure a safe and secure experience for the guests and associates and minimize liabilities and losses. Position is responsible for short term planning and the daily operations of the Security staff. Recommends and implements procedural changes. Recommends, implements, and monitors the budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Investigate, analyze, and report on all incidents and accidents; coordinate activities and liaise with local and federal law enforcement agencies, fire companies, and insurance agencies to resolve problems, ensure a safe environment for guests and associates and a quality guest experience.
- Manage the Human Resources in Security in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and discipline, and terminate, as appropriate.
- Develop safety, security, and emergency procedures and action plans for the hotel and peripheries and monitor program implementation within corporate guidelines to protect guests and staff, secure the assets and minimize losses.
- Train the hotel staff on first aid, CPR, fire prevention, safety and equipment, accident prevention, security, and emergency procedures to decrease accidents/incidents and reduce life and property liabilities and losses.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and manage the Security budget to minimize expenses and aid in meeting and exceeding the hotel's financial goals.
- Monitor and control the maintenance and repair of safety related equipment to ensure constant emergency readiness.
- Flexible availability including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.