A Cook is responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards. Will also be responsible for preparing, maintaining and monitoring quality control for hot food items and for all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and all other food items prepared ont he hot line in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Has knowledge of and ability to work multiple kitchen functions to include grill, sauté, and pantry stations on the line. Creates appealing plate designs and maintains the quality of presentation for all food items. What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Manage and prepare guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain par levels for designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen and ensure all plates are clean and appetizing
- Responsible for providing shift relief for breakfast, dinner, station and second cooks whenever necessary
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
To be successful in this position, the candidate must also be able to show the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- High school diploma /GED and 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role, minimum required or
- Culinary degree (2 - 4 years) from a vocational or technical school or university
- Well rounded experience in a similar role and industry, preferred
- ServeSafe Certification, preferred
- Able to read and follow standardized recipes
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proven organizational skills, works well by self
- Great knife skills and hand-eye coordination
- Sense of taste and smell
- Able to stand on your feet for long periods and lift heavy objects
- Able to work different shifts and days (including holidays)
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!