The Chief Engineer will provide guidance and leadership to the entire Engineering team and ensure all hotel building standards are met. The Chief Engineer will inspect and ensure the hotel building is operating in optimal condition.
The Chief Engineer is a working Department Head position that is responsible for the Engineering team and managing of all related functions, including but not limited to the following:Job Duties:
- Coach, lead, and inspire engineering team by training and setting clear goals and objectives.
- Supervise maintenance operations for the facility to include but not limited to: refrigeration, CPO Certified, heating, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen and laundry equipment, emergency systems, electrical systems, painting and finish work, dry wall, etc.
- Conducts inventory, purchasing and maintains department checkbook to ensure budgetary and forecast guidelines are met.
- Update and maintain engineering policies, procedures, work orders, projects, upgrades & repairs and ensure compliance with all Stanford Hotels and DoubleTree Brand Standards.
- Monitor vendors to ensure quality, delivery, warranties, exchanges, upgrades, etc. are consistently utilized.
- Maintain, oversee and track results of the preventive maintenance programs for guest rooms, meeting rooms, public areas, back of house areas and all equipment.
- Ensure a 24/7 coverage including on-call status and act as Manager on Duty when scheduled.
- Obtain competitive bids for all supplies and work orders and preventative maintenance programs on an annual basis or as needed.
- As the Life Safety Director, uphold and oversee safety, health and sanitation policies and procedures at the property, including all safety measures and procedures related to COVID-19.
- Completes projects as determined by the General Manager and dotted line reporting to Corporate Director of Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of Chief Engineer experience in a full-service hotel.
- Displays a professional sense of urgency when communicating and interacting with guests, co-workers and the public in a way that exceeds the guest’s needs. Identifies opportunities to improve and deliver additional value to the guest’s experience.
- Possesses sharp ability for attention to detail (able to quickly identify variances in standards), working efficiently and flexibly. Ability to multi-task and be highly organized while working under pressure.
- Strong budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Must have developed the following communication skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers and clients
DoubleTree Suites Phoenix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-683-9422 to let us know the nature of your request.