The Emporium Kitchen & Wine Market brought to Savannah by Sage Restaurant Concepts is located within Perry Lane Hotel. Stationed in the midst of Savannah's historic district, Perry Lane Hotel invites guests to immerse themselves in all that is Savannah. Combining regional and contemporary aesthetics, this Luxury Collection Hotel boasts 167 elegant guest rooms and three lively food and beverage venues. Guests can enjoy warm, approachable hospitality in an energetic community space designed to delight the five senses. This vibrant local gathering place features interactive wine experiences, knowledgeable staff and eclectic, yet refined food and beverage menus made with the highest-quality ingredients. The Emporium welcomes you; whether you're looking to stay a while and savor the experience with a wine tasting or cooking class, or just to stop in for a quick gourmet sandwich before heading out on your next adventure.
Our Food & Beverage team seeks welcoming, creative, and polished team members with a heart of service. We strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known among our team, our guests and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble and innovative operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations. If your passion is creating magnetic and hospitable memories while taking part in a rewarding work environment, apply today!The Perks:
- Sage Hotel Discounts Across the US
- SRC Restaurant Discount
- Marriott Discount
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Free Shift Meal
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage team members execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.Job Overview
Responsible for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and clean-up of bar area while enduring quality service, guest satisfaction and the achievement/maintenance of company standards and profit maximization.Responsibilities
- Make and serve drinks to guests and cocktail servers following established guidelines, procedures and policies regarding beverage and safety controls as prescribed by company standards.
- Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner; maintaining a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Ring guest checks, collect cash and process credits and room charges in the exact manner outlined by company policies and procedures.
- Complete liquor requisitions and supply lists.
- Know and comply with state liquor laws.
- Ensure established pars are maintained.
- Perform all sidework duties according to sidework schedules.
Bartending training and certification, TIPS CertifiedExperience
6 months bartendingKnowledge/Skills
Must be 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. 20 -40 lbs. Pushing carts, Queen Marys, hotbox, portable bar 50 -100 lbs. Carrying trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. 20 -40 lbs.
- Bending/kneeling -ability to bend to lower level cabinets and lift trays.
- Mobility -maneuver in narrow areas and between seated guests.
- Continuous standing required to service guest functions; 100% of the time scheduled.
- Climbing approximately 12 steps 20% of 8 hours.
- No driving required.
- Must be able to ruse records and all special requests.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at one time, must be able to follow verbal and written instruction in English, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to sound and sight details in crowded and noisy situations, particularly when handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Ability to accurately count cash. Ability to operate cash register.
Physically strenuous -prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shift