This is the job description for BARTENDER
Job Title: Bartender - Lounge
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Lounge Manager, AGM
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to patrons of Lounge, following standard recipes, and to promote food sales.
1. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other
2. Serve wine draught, bottled beer, non-alcoholic beverages and food.
3. Collect money for drinks served.
4. Orders and requisitions liquors and supplies. Stock and replenish glasses, beverages, mixes,
fruit, and guest supplies.
5. Place bottled goods and glasses to make an attractive display.
6. Wash glasses, bar, and equipment.
7. Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks; prepare appetizers, such as pickles, cheese and cold
8. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
9. If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence
of the Supervisor, (b) assign work, and ensure proper performance of assigned employees.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
2. Communicate with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give
3. Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
4. Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle dishes, money, merchandise, etc. Lift and
carry heavy items, such as trays.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent.
Experience None required.
Licenses/Certifications N/A, but must meet state law age requirements for tending bar.