This is the job description for BANQUET HEAD HOUSEPERSON (SET UP).
Job Title: Banquet Head Houseperson (Set Up)
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Supervises: Banquet Houseperson
Job Purpose: To set up and supervise all meetings, meal functions and audio visual equipment in accordance with hotel and company policies. To facilitate all customer requests in a timely and courteous manner.
1. Supervises the banquet houseperson, set-up team. Runs the shift to ensure property set up for upcoming
2. Completes all work assignments and follows all instructions directed by the Banquet leadership team.
3. Ensures all water, amenities, audio-visual and breaks are in room at least 15 minutes prior to start of meeting.
4. Complies with all customer needs for additional equipment and supplies and conveys the additional charge to
the guest. Notifies supervisor to add to the guest check.
5. Displays good customer relation skills. Takes initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
6. Sets up and cleans all meeting and meal function rooms in accordance with company and hotel specifications.
7. Freshens all meeting rooms during meal breaks by replacing ashtrays, changing cloths if necessary, refilling candy
jars, replacing water glasses, refilling water pitchers, and removing garbage from meeting areas and break
8. Assists with meal service and breakdown as needed. Assists in getting banquet guest checks signed and turned in
to the front office for proper posting.
9. Follows all energy conservation guidelines as well as safety procedures.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
2. Do the same task over and over frequently in the same way.
3. Lift and carry things like tables, chairs, dance floors and staging equipment.
4. Use hands and fingers skillfully and easily.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least 2 years of Banquet Houseperson experience
X Plan the work
X Apportion the work among associates
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries over 50 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical & visual requirements (check all that apply) Additional working conditions (check all that apply)
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.