Assistant General Manager
Home2 Suites Destin, Destin, FL
Our beautiful Home2 Suites, Destin is looking for a talented Assistant General Manager to complete our team.
We offer competitive benefits and salary. We are people who serve people and want to welcome you home!
Assistant General Manager Job Summary
The Assistant General Manager manages all aspects of the department including but not limited to: guest relations, reservation management, staffing, training, record keeping, and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures keeping with the direction of the General Manager. The Assistant General Manager acts as property Manager on Duty when assigned.
Assistant General Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- The Assistant General Manager manages and monitors activities of all employees in the Front Office, Housekeeping, and Food & Beverage departments, making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Maintains a professional and high-quality service oriented environment.
- Acts as Manager on Duty for the hotel, using problem solving skills to resolve complaints, disturbances, special requests, social media reviews and any other issues that may arise.
- The Assistant General Manager assures all social media and brand-based reviews are responded to promptly.
- Informs all staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals, as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and insure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Responsible for scheduling within labor standard guidelines.
- Responsible for managing operating expenses and purchasing for all operations departments.
- Supervise upsell program at the front office and work as part of the yield management team to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- The Assistant General Manager works closely with all departments to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication. Monitor performance of departments by consistently completing room and public area inspections.
- Coordinates daily activities with hotel management team.
- Holds monthly departmental meetings, and morning huddles to keep staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing standards of excellence and promoting a formidable team atmosphere and culture.
- The Assistant General Manager works closely with all departments to insure proper key controls and safety measures are maintained at all times.
- Adheres to bank records, account receivables/payables and other procedures to insure accurate and timely collections.
- Responsible for comprehensive training of all operations staff.
- Follows company policies and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Assistant General Manager Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of 2 years- experience in team management or supervisory experience. Hotel level front office experience is preferred.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Will be required to work in a fast-paced environment