In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Ascent Hospitality has an extensive portfolio of hotels and a strong pipeline of new properties and acquisitions, but we’re not about numbers…we’re about people and that remains our foundation. Our culture expresses a memorable experience for all of our Team Members and guests alike. So we’re constantly looking for individuals who work well together for a unified purpose. For our leadership, we’re looking for accomplished individuals with a passion to serve others, strong communicators who clearly understand the needs of others and trendsetters who excel at challenges and change. If this is what you’re all about, consider joining our Team.
Ascent Hospitality is looking for a uniquely qualified hospitality leader to be our Area Director of Sales for a cluster of three Marriott hotels in Birmingham, AL including The Elyton, Autograph Collection, The All-New Fairfield Inn Downtown Birmingham and newly renovated SpringHill Suites Downtown Birmingham. Not only is this a great opportunity for a strong sales leader with exceptional sales skills, but it is also the springboard to growth opportunities right in the same market.
· Understand Hotel operations including room types, meeting capacities, service and features
· Create and execute annual marketing plan addressing sales strategy and budget goals.
· Responsible for planning and implementing sales efforts for all short and long range goals
· Set sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy
· Work closely with Hotel GM’s and sales team to assist in capturing group business in all segments including corporate, SMERF, and transient business
· Recruit, interview and hire sales staff associates
· Train and support all sales associates and ensure performance in accordance with established hotel standards
· Proactive solicitation of new business to achieve revenue goals
· Target accounts, markets or segments with proactive solicitation and account saturation
· Participate in local networking organizations, community, and industry events while representing the Hotels in a professional manner
· Manage and maintain vendor relations
· Meet monthly revenue goals for both room and catering sales
· Strive for consistent improvement Guest Satisfaction scores to meet or exceed industry standards.
· Lead by example and empowerment with coaching on regular basis.
· Securing new accounts in deployed market segment.
· Maintaining existing accounts and developing future business.
· Ensure team members are soliciting group business within each designated market segment via phone prospecting, outside sales calls to achieve specified goals.
Minimum of Director of Sales with 5 years of experience
Multi property oversight preferred
Marriott experience with experience in CI/TY strongly preferred
Strong leadership skills
Seasoned sales skills
|Address||1928 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL, 35203 View map|