Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Accounting/HR Clerk (Dual Role) to join our team at the Wyndham Grand Jupiter location in Jupiter, Florida
The Accounting Clerk is a dual responsibility role assisting the Finance and Human Resources Department. The Accounting Clerk will assist with all areas of the hotel accounting and human resources functions including but not limited to, Accounts Receivable, Collections, Accounts Payable, Income Audit, Tax compliance, month end closing activities ensure compliance of mandatory training, employment related issues, clerical and record keeping duties. Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- College courses in an associate field preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Accounting Fundamental RequirementsAccounting Fundamental Requirements:
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Account Receivable -
- Provide guests with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedules of payments no later than 3 days after checkout as per SOP.
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system.
- Liaison with Sales Department for final payments on events/groups without direct billing status.
- Respond effectively to guest inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Follow up contacting guest for inquiries and payments.
- Monitor returned checks and chargebacks, perform collection calls and prepare bad debt write-offs.
Accounts Payable -
- Assist A/P with work load including but not limited to reconciling PCard, Vendor statements, updating and maintaining various trackers and logs.
- Maintain purchase order systems, which include reviewing all open PO's for goods received but not invoiced.
- Reconcile food & Beverage purchases
- Review and prepare month end journals from information on various trackers from Accounts Payable.
Location: Wyndham Grand Jupiter, 122 Soundings Avenue, Jupiter, Florida 33477
Employment Status: Full-time
"We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind . All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status."